The Strong Interest Inventory®
The Strong Interest Inventory® assessment provides robust insight into a person’s interests, so you can help them to consider potential careers, their educational path and the world of work. Built on psychologist John Holland’s theory, it’s backed by more than 80 years of research into how people of similar interests are employed, and what motivates individuals in the workplace. It delivers effective and powerful results that contribute to your students’ success.
The Strong Interest Inventory assessment helps individuals identify their work personality by exploring their interests in six broad areas: realistic, artistic, investigative, social, enterprising, and conventional (often referred to using the acronym RIASEC). ). It then breaks the RIASEC areas into 30 specific areas of interest that can be directly related to fields of study, careers, and leisure activities. In addition, it describes an individual’s personal style preferences in five areas: work style, learning environment, team orientation, leadership style, and risk taking. Depending on the report you choose, it ranks the individual’s top 5 or 10 most compatible occupations from a list of 260 specific jobs.
The Strong assessment supports:
- Choosing a College major selection—The Strong assessment helps students uncover their career interests and identify which areas of study are appropriate or required for a particular field. Students become more engaged because they are focused on classes relevant to their goals.
- Career exploration—By identifying personal interests and how these relate to different occupations, the Strong assessment opens up the world of work to first-time career seekers and people considering a career transition.
- Career development—The Strong assessment heightens people’s self-awareness and provides deeper understanding of individual strengths and blind spots, including work style and orientation to risk taking.
- Employee engagement—The Strong assessment helps employees align their interests with areas of responsibility in their job, or in other jobs within your organization where those interests can be applied.
- Reintegration—The Strong assessment helps individuals re-enter the workplace after a period of disconnection or absence.
The Strong Interest Inventory® is available in a variety of configurations, from the basic iStartStrong® version, to the detailed Strong Profile + College Profile + Interpretive Report version. Other versions include
Strong Profile Only, and in combination with these other reports
Strong Profile + College Profile
Strong Profile + High School Report
Strong Profile + Interpretive Report
Strong + Myers Briggs MBTI® Career Report
Strong + Skills Confidence Inventory Profile
Source – ©2020 The Myers-Briggs Company, Publisher of The Strong Interest Inventory®