Free Career Tests and Free Career Assessments
Here is a list of free career tests and free online career tests available at no cost to the user. Many use similar psychological research that paid tests and assessments do.
O*NET® Interest Profiler – A career interest test that uses the framework created by John Holland, and links to the extensive U.S. Department of Labor career database.
Work Values Assessment from CareerOneStop – A values sorter that helps identify the important personal criteria for the work. i.e. – type of work, work environment, pay, etc.
My Next Move Career Explorer – Explore what you want to do for a living by searching various career paths and browsing careers by industry to help you decide your next move.
Open-Source Psychometrics Project – This website contains a collection of personality tests and assessments that can be used to help you discover your interests, strengths, and skills that can help you in your career search.
Multiple Intelligences Test – A test that helps the user identify their natural interests and talents using the Multiple Intelligences framework created by Howard Gardner.
U.S State Sponsored Career Tests – Career Tests and Assessments sponsored by U.S. States for the benefit of their residents. Free to use, though some do require that you are a resident of the state to use them.
- Alabama – Alabama Works! Career Explorer
- Alaska – Alaska Department of Labor Career Services
- Arizona – Arizona At Work Career Assessments
- Arkansas – Discover Arkansas Career Assessments
- California – California Career Zone Assessments
- Colorado – LMI Gateway My Assessments
- Connecticut – Job and Career Connection Self Assessment Tools
- Delaware – Deleware Works Career Services
- Florida – FloridaShines MyCareerShines
- Georgia – Georgia Department of Labor Assessments
- Hawaii – Hawaii Career Explorer
- Idaho – Next Steps Idaho Career Test
- Indiana – Indiana Career Connect Self Assessment Tools
- Illinois – Illinois WorkNet Skills and Interest Surveys
- Iowa – Future Ready Iowa Career Assessment Tools
- Kansas – Kansas Works Career Assessments
- Kentucky – KentuckyStats Career Explorer Self Assessment
- Louisiana – Louisiana Workforce Commission Career Services
- Maine – Maine Department of Labor Career Exploration
- Maryland – Maryland Department of Labor Career Assessment
- Massachusetts – Massachusetts Career Information System Assessment Tools
- Michigan – Michigan PathFinder Self Assessment Resources
- Minnesota – Minnesota CareerWise Assessments
- Mississippi – Career Test and Assessments
- Missouri – MOJobs Self Assessments
- Montana – Montana Career Information System Assessments
- Nebraska – Nebraska Department of Education Self Assessments
- Nevada – Nevada Workforce Connections Career Services
- New Hampshire – New Hampshire Employment Security Self Assessment Tools
- New Jersey – New Jersey Career Assistance Navigator Assessments
- New Mexico – New Mexico Workforce Connections Career Services
- New York – New York Career Zone Assessments
- North Carolina – College Foundation of North Carolina Career Tools
- North Dakota – RUReady North Dakota Career Exploration Resources
- Ohio – OhioMeansJobs Career Explorer
- Oklahoma – Oklahoma Career Tech Self Assessment Tools
- Oregon – Oregon Department of Education Career Resources
- Pennsylvania – Pennsylvania Career Zone Assessments
- Rhode Island – EmployRI Self Assessment Tools
- South Carolina – Career Test and Assessments
- South Dakota – South Dakota Career Interest Survey
- Tennessee – Transition Tennessee Career Assessment Database
- Texas – Texas Workforce Commission Career Assessments
- Utah – Utah Department of Workforce Services Career Exploration Tools
- Vermont – Vermont Association of Business Industry and Rehabilitation Career Assessments
- Virginia – Virginia Education Wizard Career Assessments
- Washington – Washington Career Bridge Assessment Tools
- West Virginia – Work Force West Virginia Career Assessments
- Wisconsin – Wisconsin Job Center: Career Locker and Self Assessment Tools
- Wyoming – Wyoming Workforce Services Career Assessments