The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) answers questions about federal deposit insurance coverage, and handles complaints and inquiries about FDIC-insured state banks which are not members of the Federal Reserve System.
Discover how the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation carries out its mission to maintain the stability of the nation's banking system.
- FDIC Mission, Vision, and Values
- Who is the FDIC?
- Transparency & Accountability - Chairman's initiative to build trust and confidence through openness and accountability.
- FDIC Governance - Authorities and responsibilities for management of the FDIC.
- History of the FDIC - Photos, audio, and video showing the history of the FDIC including the online version of the exhibit located at the FDIC building in Washington, DC.
- International Affairs – The FDIC's experts who provide technical assistance, training and consulting services to foreign deposit insurers, bank supervisors and resolution authorities.
- Learning Bank – The FDIC children's page providing information on what the FDIC does and how kids can learn to manage their money.
Careers with the FDIC
Find current job and internship opportunities with the FDIC.