- Annual pay: Based on expertise, average earnings are $37,000-$54,000
- Employment of Kitchen/Bath Installers is projected to grow 4% percent from 2018 to 2028.
- Entry-level education: Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and associated apprenticeship (or other on-the-job experience).
Career Growth Opportunity
Kitchen/Bath Installers typically progress from Novice-Apprentice-Journeyman-Master. Many experienced workers in this construction sub-sector choose to establish their own business or consulting company.
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America - The United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America (UBC) is one of North America’s largest building trades unions, with over a half-million members.
- Finishing Trades Institute International - This organization’s mission is to advise, assist and coordinate in the training and development of a skilled, educated, and productive workforce for the finishing trades industries.
- Home Builders Institute - This organization’s mission is to advance and provide education, career development, training and placement of men and women serving the building industry.
- National Association of Home Builders - NAHB strives to protect the American Dream of housing opportunities for all, while working to achieve professional success for its members who build communities, create jobs and strengthen our economy.
- The Associated General Contractors of America - The AGC of America works to ensure the continued success of the commercial construction industry by advocating for federal, state and local measures that support the industry; providing opportunities for firms to learn about ways to become more accomplished; and connecting them with the resources and individuals they need to be successful businesses and corporate citizens.
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry - NARI connects homeowners with its professional members and provides tips and tricks so that consumers have a positive remodeling experience with a professional, qualified remodeler.
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. - ABC's mission is the advancement of the merit shop construction philosophy, which encourages open competition and a free enterprise approach that awards contracts based solely on merit, regardless of labor affiliation.
- Sisters in the Brotherhood - Sisters in the Brotherhood is a group dedicated to strengthening the UBC by promoting activism and diversity and by increasing the number of women members.
- National Kitchen & Bath Association - If you're looking for professionals to network with so that you can land more subcontracting jobs, this is a great organization to consider.
- Kitchen & Bath Design News - good magazine for current trend information
- Home & Design, Kitchen & Bath - current issue and archives
- Kitchen Bath Trends - Strives to bring the current news on trends for the kitchen and bath industry in a creative style to inspire interior design professionals and homeowners.