Support Animal Organization Career
If you work within the realm of Support Animal Organization Staff, you likely will find yourself in one of the many diversified ‘administrative’ positions necessary to ensure seamless and efficient organization management. Animal support organizations are used to enhance and complement the benefits of traditional therapy in humans whether it be physical, emotional, mental, trauma, or addiction. You could find yourself working in anyone of the following areas: Volunteer, Volunteer Coordinator, Tour Guide, Visitor Services Manager, Special Events, Curator of Education Programs. It is most likely you will not work directly with animals; however, you may need to interact with animals at times.
The duties performed will be specialized to the career title an individual has working as a member of a support animal organization. Of course, a background, coursework, exposure to, and previous experience with animals would be most helpful in any capacity.
Employment in the area of Support Animal Organization Staff is varied. As with any industry organization, what an individual earns on an annual basis is dependent on the type of job being performed, pay scale for such work category, tenure on-the-job, etc. Typically, the pay scale is hourly.
For more information
- Therapy Pet
- US Support Animals
- American Kennel Club
- Service Animal Association
- National Association of Animal Behaviorists
- Humane Education Coalition
- Humane Society of the U.S.
- National Humane Education Society
- Humane Education Society
- American Humane
- Teach Heart – Humane Education
- Institute for Humane Education
- Association of Professional Dog Trainers
- International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants
- Science Director Animal Behavior Journal
- All Animals Magazine – Humane Society
- Animal Behavior and Cognition
- AKC News
- Humane Education Coalition - News
- American Humane Publications
- SVBT Behavior Prospective Newsletter
- Teach Heart – Teaching Guides
- Animal Wellness
Most individuals who work as staff in a support animal organization learn through on-the-job training. Although not required, certifications may help workers establish their credentials and enhance their skills.
Overall, there are certificate, associate, and bachelor's degree programs in public and private postsecondary institutions across the country that may help provide a path to your career aspirations as an important contributor in a Support Animal Organization Staff capacity:
- Animal Training
- Animal Services
- Animal Health
- Business Administration
- Office Automation
- Animal Assisted-Therapy
Use the link provided below and the ‘Browse for Program’ button to search: