Animal Non Profit Organization Administration Career
If you work in the career subsector of Animal Non-Profit Organization Administration, you likely work to organize and handle the services and tasks that a foundation or organization provide in a wide variety of areas, such as animal safety, animal rescue, fundraising, rehabilitation work, community awareness, social work, and more.
- Develop and carry out fundraising strategies.
- Meet face-to-face with clients.
- Manage progress toward achieving an organization’s fundraising goals.
- Assign, supervise, and review the activities of clerical staff.
- Manage and monitor records.
- Recommend changes to policies or procedures in order to improve operations, such as reassessing supplies or recordkeeping.
- Monitor facilities to make sure that they remain safe, secure, and well maintained relative to animal needs.
- Make sure that facilities meet environmental, health, and security standards and comply with regulations in accordance with animal non-profit organization.
Median Wage 2019: approximately $40,000 annually
Job opportunities are likely via non-profit conservation, animal rescue, and animal caretaking organizations as they hire administrators to maintain and administer their mission, policies, and guidelines.
For more information
- National Council of Non-Profits
- Non-Profit Ready
- Society for Nonprofits
- Certified Welfare Administrators, The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement
- National Council of Non-Profits Newsletter Archives
- Nonprofit World Magazine (membership required)
- AAWA OnPoint Guidelines (.pdf)
To find an institution of higher education that offers a program relative to your career aspirations in Animal Non-Profit Organization Administration, the easiest place to start for most people is to perform a simple search by area of interest. Overall, there are associate, bachelor, and advanced degree programs in public and private postsecondary colleges and universities across the country in the following areas:
- Non-profit administration
- Non-profit management
- Animal science
- Animal health
Use the link provided below and the ‘Browse for Program’ button to search by program area: